Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Stink Eye

People are just strange and they get stranger all the time. Today at work this parent dropping off their little one, before she even enters the room, totally gives me the stink eye. Some people would be offended and not continue to give this person the time of day, but not me. Huh uh, no way. In my eyes this is a golden opportunity to get to understand just exactly what their deal is and I don't care how weird they are. The weirder the better, I say. It's like a challenge for me,(how weird is that?) I have to peel back layers on people and let them know that regardless of their bizarre quirks that they are still valuable. That's right, I said it. So what. I'm a softy - I want to be everybody's friend,(not necessarily a bff, however) and the weird ones seems to be drawn to me anyway. So, in the words of the chick that sang that song in the movie Dreamgirls, "... and you and you and yooooou, you're gonna love meeeeee!"

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

Tie her down and beat the love into her:)