Sunday, November 23, 2008

Connecting




I am hoping that I can somehow connect with others by writing on this blog what swirls around in my head on a daily basis. Whether it's family or friends, or anyone that would like to share their thoughts or ideas with me. I had a recent conversation with someone very close to me that said it was easy for me to find things I like to do because I have talents or have things I like to do more than others. But in my eyes, I feel like I have forgotten. It struck me that I don't know very many people who really know what is it they like. Is it that we get caught up in the everyday habits? (Get up in the morning, fix breakfast, get self and kids ready for the day, barely speak to hubby or wife, head out into traffic, drop kids off at school, go to work or go back home and work, work and work, leave work and head into traffic, pick up kids from school, do homework, fix dinner, greet hubby or wife "how was your day dear?", give kids a bath, pj's and teeth brushing, put them in bed, clean up any messes, barely speak again to hubby or wife, crash into bed, wake up and repeat...) How would we know what we like? No one really takes the time to find out and with the way our days go, we don't have the energy to care at the time.
This is the rut folks! I may have talents or used to have things I liked to do and probably did them, but it has fallen by the wayside, believe me. When I had this conversation with that person, I immediately remembered that they too had things they liked at one time and we all have gifts from God. Some gifts are a little more easily seen by others, but we ALL have them.
I'm sick of it! I'm sick of feeling like I'm just spending my time here on earth like it's never going to run out! I am praying that I can connect with just even one person and change their thinking too. I am going to remember things I enjoy and do them, I am going to discover new things as well and do them. Right now there are things I want to do that will take money, like white water rafting, can't do that yet. But there are plenty of things that don't take any money at all. One thing we used to do as a family and have gotten away from is doing a "family day" . Every Sunday we would find things to do as a family - go to the mall, bookstore, park, play games, rent a movie, etc... It's time to reinstate that one in our lives! It reminds me that it's not just about the things I like to do but also the relationships that are important in life. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and I think that I need to make that happen a little more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen !

Anonymous said...

Amen !!