Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Need To Dance, I Need Friends

As life goes along, people often go in and out of our lives for various reasons. This happens to all of us, as we get older. I am very lucky to have had the same best friend since Middle School and we have stayed in touch with each other through everything. She's always lived miles away in different states and we've always remained very close. I feel so very blessed to have her. I'm a pretty independent person and I like to be alone, but at the same time I'm hard wired for being social and going out, having fun and laughing with friends. My best friend and I lived to go out dancing when we were younger and just recently my husband rented Mamma Mia and it reminded me of that time. A strange thing happened after I watched it - I got sad. Usually when I watch a musical it makes me feel good and happy but not this time. Mamma Mia is a fun movie (weird at times, I think it was the casting but I digress), in it my favorite song plays - Dancing Queen. That scene made me think about how I used to dance and have fun so much more often. It made me miss having friends to go out with and being the "Dancing Queen". It's not that I'm just miserable or anything, I love my family so much and I know that my life is by far much more full than I could ever imagine. I just don't want to miss out on the silly girl fun that I don't get much of these days.
I know people that are absolutely fine without a lot of friends in their life (my hubby for one) but I'm just not wired that way. I need friends and I need to be social, I need to dance!!!

No comments: