Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Blog Music!

I am still trying to figure out how to better personlize this blog of mine, so when I figured out how to post music I got so excited!
The 1st 2 songs are really the ones I identify with the most because I LOVE to dance.
The song "I hope you dance" has more meaning since that is what my theme for this blog is... enjoy life and live it! It's what I tell my kids and hope they take the advice throughout their lives. Unfortuantely, it's advice I'm still trying to grasp on to, but it's never too late!
Updates on my 2009 to do list: I LOVE doing random acts of kindness everyday for others. (even if I do know them - they don't mind) I don't go around telling everyone either, it's just a conscious decision I make on a daily basis and it really helps in times when it would be easier to get frustrated at someone to just smile and be kind anyway. Or, if you can tell someone is having a rough day, just asking them if there's anything you can do will cause them to pause and take a breath. It's a beautiful thing!
So far, this month as a family our "new" thing we're doing is playing the Wii together. (so much fun!) But the new is wearing off so on to February. It's difficult because Matt works so much until after April.(he's a trust tax accountant!)
I'll figure something out though!
So far the thing I've been doing for myself and not feeling guilty about is reading. Even though that may not sound like something to feel guilty about, if you have kids and like to read, the only time you can pick up a book is when they're asleep and by then I'm so tired.
Still working on the rest!
God Bless and remember to Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much!

3 comments:

Daphine said...

I think your blog looks GREAT!

I love doing random acts of kindness too. One thing that I started doing this year is making a point to say something nice or compliment some one everyday. Everyone could use a compliment of some sort, huh?
Girl, I am so out of the game when it comes to owning a Wii. Everyone in blogland has one except for us. lol! We're still trying to break in the X-box 360! lol!

I hope that you're having a GREAT day friend! Happy Thursday!

shara said...

I love the music and love the look of your blog. Glad you are back!

Your post is full of activities I would like to copy, and hopefully will (daily acts of kindness).

And I get the reading thing. That is something I am trying to do for me, but it is hard, isn't it, sometimes?

Tim said...

Michele,

That was a great post. If we all lived life this way (as if there were no tomorrow) wouldnt life on this earth be so much more enjoyable.

Love and Prayers,

Tim