Monday, March 16, 2009

Excuses, Excuses!

There's this movie I've seen several times called "Fools Rush In" it stars Matthew Perry and Selma Hyeck and it's about a couple that meet on a one night stand, she gets preggo and they get married. He never tells his parents about the marriage, they come for a visit and eventually find out because Selma's character goes off on Matthew's character and in this she yells "Excuses, Excuses!" So after I've explained where I came up with this term, here are my questions... What constitutes an excuse? What if it's a reason? When does a reason become an excuse? Are all reasons really excuses? Confused? Me too!

I made a 2009 to do list that stares me in the face everyday and reminds me of what I'm not doing so far. I wrote on paper in ink (not pencil) that I wanted to run a 5K. Well, I have been sick on and off all year with sinus infections and upper respitory crud. Is this a reason or an excuse? It's difficult to exercise when you can't breathe!

4 comments:

Tim said...

Hey Michele there is an award for ya at The Fort.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

shara said...

Ah- that is a GREAT question! I will actually have to ponder it.

I have to change my site to a private site (read the current post) and would like to include you, if you want. please email me and let me know!

Granny Annie said...

I too have this terrible disorder that leaves me breathless. I keep believing I'll wake up the next day feeling better but no next day relief for me -- and it sounds like none for you either. Don't beat yourself up about it and be ready to join the world again when you can.

Daphine said...

Hmmmmm....well, in your case and this time around, I would say that it is a reason. Simply stated as...
There's a reason that you have not been able to train or run the 5K, you've been sick. Okay, you've been sick, so that is the excuse. Alrighty then. Now, I'm confused! loL!